Product and Process Consultant, Deliveroo Editions
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants to hungry customers - fast!
We work with thousands of the UK’s best loved restaurants, including names like Wagamama, Busaba, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices throughout the country. Our customers are as passionate about food as we are and it is our job to deliver on our promise - great food, delivered fast.
We need a guardian of quality to ensure our customers only receive the very best experience. This means the most delicious meals, prepared quickly and presented beautifully. As Culinary Operations Manager you will be responsible for working alongside our restaurant partners to make sure they are performing to the absolute best of their ability. You must drive step-changeand incremental improvements to take the food industry into the future. There will be challenges but you must rely on your passion for great food and belief in what you are trying to achieve to overcome anything that stands in your way.
The role requires a customer focussed, passionate, logical operator with an eye for detail and a thirst for efficiency. The ability to communicate your ideas and instructions simply and clearly is essential, as is a ‘get it done’ attitude, no matter the obstacles.
Key responsibilities include:
- Researches current and potential initiatives to implement and improve workflows, machinery types and costs;
- Ensures effective performance for various sites;
- Analyse key performance indicators to continually drive improvement;
- Creates and monitors processes to ensure high productivity and encourages continual improvement and operational efficiency;
- Perform relentlessly: execute the day-to-day, as well as supporting expansion;
- Work alongside other key stakeholders such as our restaurant partners, on-site operations team and the tech department to implement new production methods, techniques and equipment;
- Be the eyes and ears of our operation: keep your finger on the pulse of the delivery fleet and investigate and stop potential hazards and barriers in production;
Generate insight: manipulate and analyse our data to gain a deep understanding of opportunities for improvement. Quality and efficiency is your mantra
Experiment: once you have ideas, test them, try things, ensure failure is not wasted, make sure you are learning as you go
Execute: plan and manage projects along with the day-to-day operations teams to roll out transformational change globally
Inspire: take us to the next level. Shape the industry. Drive the future.
This role demands a radical thinker who is excited about building something huge. The ideal candidate has a track record of delivering strong results, never forgets the customer is the only thing that matters and has a strong bias for action in a fast-paced environment.
Top performer with 3+ years of logistics experience
A proven operator, with a hunger for a new challenge
Data driven, logical, analytical
Excellent communication skills
Positive attitude with a bias for action
Strong track-record of hitting targets and exceeding expectations
You will be:
- Working with local markets to help find and implement solutions to their current problems, as well as ensuring they are set-up for success from an organisational and process perspective
- Proactively capturing and share learnings and best practices across markets
- Working with the central functions (operations, product, marketing) to ensure international needs are understood well catered for
- building and executing a mid-term strategy for how we should be executing behind the scenes – whether that be how we manage rider inbound rider communications or optimising the geography of the Editions kitchens.
- Learning the details of how we operate and identifying of opportunities for improvement
- Working with all the international markets to understand their local nuances and get alignment
- Defining the organisational structure required to deliver great results
- Defining the tools and processes we should be implementing to ensure all activity is implemented well and trackable
- Working with third party providers or our product teams to ensure these are implemented
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Salary = Competitive
- Location - 22-24 Torrington Place, WC1E 7HJ
- Closing Date = 16th July 2017
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.