Assistant Site Manager
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a
chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a
dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from
brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a
locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our
customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired
challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we
move quickly to make great ideas happen.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and
over 100 cities.
As an Assistant Site Manager you are responsible for assisting the site manager maintaining
and the smooth running of your own Deliveroo Editions site made up of five to ten delivery
only kitchens. Working within a wider team you will be responsible for improving the kitchen
efficiencies with an aim to deliver food quicker and more reliably:
● Monitor and dispatch customer orders in line with Deliveroo operational guidelines
● Liaise with our rider ops team to ensure daily adequate supply, and report to them
any rider related issues
● Daily reporting to Site Operations Manager on site performance, issues, bottlenecks
and any other operational matters.
● Identify causes of daily operational issues as well as symptoms, diagnose and cure
● If something goes wrong, you will have the problem-solving skills to solve it calmly,
quickly and efficiently
● Work with many different stakeholders in the business to improve processes
● Ensure restaurant partners are adhering to the site standards and requirements
(hygiene, security, check-in/out, stock checks and rotation)
● Monitoring, reporting and improvement of operational performance of our Partners
● Experience with processing large volumes of information and problems at the same
● Experience within a restaurant, operational or customer service environment
● Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
● Very analytical with great executional skills
● Process driven, great with figures and an analytical mindset.
● Experience working for a start-up business
● Experience supervising a small team
● Experience in restaurant operations from a Fast Moving Consumer Goods
background or delivery company, perhaps even from the events world
● Strong ability with Microsoft Excel
● Become one of the early employees of one of Europe’s fastest growing start-ups,
and participate in changing the restaurant industry within a ground-breaking
● Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
● Work with people who love what they do every day
● Competitive package
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully
diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things
that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to
coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the
fastest growing startups around.