Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 160 cities.
We’re looking for talented people to join our Operations Support department and help to keep our hard-working riders happy and motivated. This is the perfect opportunity to take your first steps in an exciting, fast-growing business and develop your operational abilities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Creating streamlined processes by which inbound communications from riders travel through the rider support pipeline.
- Management and training of ~15 Rider Support Reps.
- Liaising and consulting with key stakeholders across the business, such as the Legal and Comms/PR teams.
- Creating and implementing new processes to drive efficiency within the team and provide amazing service to our riders.
- Dealing with and coordinating responses to escalations and working to better our escalation processes.
- Creating, analysing and sharing reporting with relevant stakeholders.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English, with style and the ability to employ the appropriate tone of voice for the situation.
- You rise to the challenge of always trying to find a solution to the problem.
- You enjoy looking into processes, understanding how they work and finding ways to optimise them.
- You are keen to ensure that your teams are providing riders with the best possible customer experience.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A relentless work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile when required.
- Experience of managing a team is a plus.
- A good degree or equivalent experience.
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution.
- Work with people who love what they do.
- An in-office gym and subsidised membership at a number of local gyms.
- Regular after-work socials, as well as games nights and fitness classes.
- Food. So much food.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.