Operations Manager, Deliveroo Editions
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants to hungry customers - fast.
We work with thousands of the UK’s best loved restaurants, including names like Wagamama, Busaba, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about food as we are and it is our job to deliver on our promise - great food, delivered fast.
Operations is the engine enabling us to continue to grow, to reach more customers, to deliver more food. We are growing faster than ever and we need an Operations Manager to support the the development of our platform of kitchens: our Editions offering. This role is critical to Deliveroo's goal to provide a highly differentiated offering to our customers and restaurant partners by driving innovation in our core technology and operations. You will be part of the team solving some of the toughest problems we face as a business and generating the next phase of growth in our industry.
Key responsibilities include:
· Monitor and take operational responsibility for a number of sites
· Analyse key performance indicators to continually drive improvement
· Perform relentlessly: execute the day-to-day, as well as supporting expansion
· Work alongside other key stakeholders such as our restaurant partners, on-site operations team and the tech department
· Be the eyes and ears of our operation: keep your finger on the pulse of the delivery fleet
This role demands a logical thinker who is excited about building something huge. The ideal candidate has a track record of delivering strong results, never forgets the customer is the only thing that matters and has a strong bias for action in a fast-paced environment.
· People Management skills - comfortable leading a small team
· You must be a do-er with a strong bias to action
· Solid excel skills: data driven, logical, analytical
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong track-record of hitting targets and exceeding expectations
You will also be:
- Working with local markets to help find and implement solutions to their current problems, as well as ensuring they are set-up for success from an organisational and process perspective
- Proactively capturing and share learnings and best practices across markets
- Working with the central functions (operations, product, marketing) to ensure international needs are understood well catered for
- Building and executing a mid-term strategy for how we should be executing behind the scenes for Editions
- Learnings the details of how we operate and identifying of opportunities for improvement
- Working with all the international markets to understand their local nuances and get alignment
- Defining the organisational structure required to deliver great results
- Defining the tools and processes we should be implementing to ensure all activity is implemented well and trackable
- Working with third party providers or our product teams to ensure these are implemented
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: 22-24 Torrington Place, WC1E 7HJ
- Closing Date: July 4th 2017
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.