Corporate Comms Manager - Melbourne
Deliveroo’s mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast. A startup founded in 2012 Deliveroo has rapidly emerged as the leading player in this fast growing market and has now raised over A$600M in funding from the same top tier investors who invested in Facebook, Spotify and many other global startups. Deliveroo employs hundreds of staff around the world and we are further expanding our local team in Australia.
We are looking for someone to join our Communications team as Comms Manager based in Melbourne.
• Overseeing public affairs, crisis communications and government relations in Australia
• Develop written materials - story pitches, messaging guidelines, Q&As, briefs, presentations, speeches, etc;
• Cultivate a constructive working relationship with the media and other external stakeholders;
• Assist in corporate reputation management and organizational enhancement;
• Help prepare company spokespeople for public speaking engagements, media interviews, etc;
• Assist in Consumer PR strategy and agency management
- At least three years relevant post-graduation experience in corporate public relations and public affairs;
- Knowledge of the political landscape in the Australian market as well as experience working with government departments essential;
- Minimum of two years’ experience leading crisis communications plans;
- Experience working in the Government sector
- Strong team work experience and work ethic;
- A self-starter with experience in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Organised with demonstrable strong time management skills and ability to multi-task effectively
- Attractive compensation package
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Food Deliveroo'd to the office every Monday!