Restaurant Operations Associate
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for- all Thursday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We are looking to hire a Restaurant Operations Associate who will work as part of a new team that is being created in the Deliveroo Dubai team. We are looking for a friendly individual who is highly organised and fantastic at problem solving. You should be analytical and excited at the thought of working in a fast-paced operational environment where things are constantly changing.
You may have worked as a team member in a cool restaurant or have set up and organised events or food festivals on the operations side. Ideally you will have multi-site experience in a fast-paced environment and have implemented and set up procedures. We are eager to meet anyone who has worked in a high intensity operational environment and looking for a new challenge with one of the region’s fastest growing start-ups.
- Monitor and dispatch customer orders in line with Deliveroo operational guidelines
- Liaise with our rider ops team to ensure daily adequate supply, and report to them any rider related issues
- Ensure site is maintained in optimal condition in line with Deliveroo guidelines
- Daily reporting to Head of Special Projects on site performance, issues, bottlenecks and any other operational matters.
- Identify causes of daily operational issues as well as symptoms, diagnose and cure
- If something goes wrong, you will have the problem-solving skills to solve it calmly, quickly and efficiently
- Work with many different stakeholders in the business to improve processes
- Ensure restaurant partners are adhering to the site standards and requirements (hygiene, security, check-in/out, stock checks and rotation)
- Monitoring, reporting and improvement of operational performance of our Partners
- Experience with processing large volumes of information and problems at the same time
- Experience within a restaurant, operational or customer service environment
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Very analytical with great executional skills
- Process driven, great with figures and an analytical mindset.
- Not afraid to muck in and get your hands dirty
- Experience working for a start-up business
- Experience supervising a small team
- Experience in restaurant operations from an FMCG background or delivery company, perhaps even from the events world
- Strong ability with Microsoft Excel
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business in the Middle East
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Medical insurance
- Annual return flight ticket
- BIG Thursday lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course!