International Customer Service Manager
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery.
Bringing together technology and the nation’s best-loved restaurants, we get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast – in an average of 32 minutes.
In just a couple of years we’ve raised over £350m and become one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world.
What your role would be:
The customer experience function is at the heart of the business – we ensure and support a seamless delivery service for customers, riders and restaurants from start to finish.
As we continue phenomenal growth, the challenge to provide great experience to all parties involved in a sustainable manner becomes ever harder. This role is about helping our markets achieve the step changes required to become the world-leader in food delivery.
This is a dual role – with both geographical and functional coverage.
The geographical element is about supporting our local markets to solve their most pressing needs. Including:
- Working with local markets to help find and implement solutions to their current problems, as well as ensuring they are set-up for success from an organisational and process perspective
- Proactively capturing and share learnings and best practices across markets
- Working with the central functions (operations, product, marketing, BI) to ensure international needs are understood well catered for
You’ll be working with all our international markets.
The functional element involves building and executing a mid- and long term strategy for how we should be executing behind the scenes – whether that be looking at appropriate communication guidelines and SLAs, creating feedback loops between different business units, tracking performance, aligning reporting, etc. This will involve:
- Learnings the details of how we operate and identifying of opportunities for improvement
- Working with all the international markets to understand their local nuances and get alignment
- Defining the organisational structure required to deliver great results
- Defining the tools and processes we should be implementing to ensure all activity is implemented well and trackable
- Working with third party providers or our product teams to ensure these are implemented
- You need to have great curiosity – be inquisitive and challenge the status quo
- We are looking for a confident critical-thinker that can jump into many different problems, markets and situations and come up with tactical recommendations
- You need to think logically and creatively to find a different solution
- We need someone who can work with people from around the world, taking the time to understand their local nuances and challenges
- We need someone who is invigorated by delivering impact – and seeing the tangible effects
- You need to want to make change now – this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months
- There’s a lot to do, so we need someone who can prioritise and make decisions intelligently using data to direct them
- You'll definitely do some number-crunching – it’s important to be able to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be
We are looking for:
- Someone with 2-4 years’ experience working with customer support teams
- Someone with a deep desire to solve real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions
- Someone who can prioritise effectively, conduct 80/20 analysis, draw out business insights from that analysis and present findings and recommendations persuasively.
- Someone who is as comfortable problem solving with the CEO as they are deep in an excel spreadsheet
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to motivate
- We’re a well-funded and rapidly growing start-up operating across the globe
- You’ll have real impact in revolutionising the food delivery space
- HUGE office lunches on Fridays and a continuous stream of food throughout the week!
- Subsidised gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme to cancel out the above (among other benefits)
- Our culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.