Head of Strategic Analytics
Job Title: Head of Strategic Analytics
Location: 22-24 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HJ
Closing Date: 11th June 2017
Hello, we’re Deliveroo. The Roo logo on the bikes? Yep, that’s us! We’re one of the world’s fastest growing startups, and we’re making huge waves in the restaurant and logistics industries.
Contrary to popular belief, it’s not kangaroo meat in the boxes. It’s quality food from top-notch restaurants like Cocotte, Gaucho, or Busaba. Instead of your local takeaway, we’ll fill your mealtime with the best cuisine, cooked by the best chefs from around the world.
What we do
We're building the data team at Deliveroo that we always wanted to be a part of. With no creaking legacy kit, vendor lock-in or heavy handed processes we're free to focus on the data without distraction.
The best businesses in the world use data in everything they do, and it's our job to make that happen for Deliveroo. We work without silo's talking directly to the people doing the job whether it's operations, engineering, marketing or development. As well as building clear reports and models, we aim to fully understand our data in order to derive insights that drive change in the business.
And we do all of this at startup speed.
We're working on some of the most interesting domain problems of the internet age:
- Realtime spatial logistics.
- Predictive modelling.
- Fraud networks.
- Multichannel digital marketing.
We love open source tech and live by agile ways of working. We're shooting for a culture of openness with the freedom to challenge and debate ideas. We know that the things we build today will literally get used tomorrow (sometimes today), so we can learn fast what works and what doesn't. Our ambition is to build state of the art data services, make a place we love to work and be recognised in our trade as one of the best data shops in town.
We're looking for a Head of Strategic Analytics to join our rapidly growing Business Intelligence team.
Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, you'll be responsible for driving strategic insight and data strategy across the global business, and building and leading a world-class team to help you do so. The appetite for data and information runs deep at Deliveroo and work closely with people in areas like Operations, Digital Marketing, International Expansion, Customer Experience and Sales.
- A track record of setting up and leading an analytics function in a data-driven organisation.
- Significant experience of using audience analysis and insight in decision-making across a global business.
- Ability to design a portfolio of services for strategy across the business - from pricing modelling and dashboard reporting to customer lifetime value.
- A love of solving data problems and learning new things.
- Ability to lead and inspire highly skilled teams to deliver outstanding work.
- Experience in logistics or related industry.
- Some knowledge or experience of developer / coding methods.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Google Analytics or other web analytics systems.
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools (Looker, Periscope, Tableau etc.)
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- Eat great food.
- Subsidised gym membership. Probably important in a food company.
- Swag! You'd better like kangaroos though.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.