Community Manager (Dubai)
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Thursday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, passionate brand builder. We want someone who won’t be satisfied until we’re a mega-brand in Dubai with a fleet of evangelical users. Someone who gets people talking, sharing and tweeting about Deliveroo outside of takeaway. They know success isn’t being the preferred takeaway option, it’s changing the way people think about food
This position will report directly to the Marketing Manager.
- Assist with developing and delivering a content strategy that supports our business objectives, marketing and communications plans. Including preparation of daily social media posts for merchant marketing.
- Developing and executing on all marketing activities, including physical, digital and social media
- Develop integrated campaigns for selected partners to drive restaurant sales & add value to restaurant proposition
- Manage all restaurant support collateral, working alongside our Designer
- Lead tone of voice across the business to ensure all content is on-brand, and consistent in terms of style and quality. Including responding and following up on feedback on social media platforms.
- Set up Restaurant Photography process, managing Lead Photographer across UAE
- Manage a robust and highly functional content calendar including coordination with merchants for marketing activities.
- Creating Content
- English to Arabic translation work
- Assist in designing creative for digital campaign banners.
- Oversee the integration of content activities across marketing, and align social media activity across customer experience, paid and organic social media.
- Drive performance: using data to constantly iterate and test our approach on social channels.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating marketing events to engage customers, riders and restaurants.
- 1-3 years marketing or agency experience
- Degree qualified (or equivalent life experience!)
- Arabic and English (verbal and written) (fluency in both of these languages is a must)
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically
- Great affinity for content creation and creative executions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to think strategically with an understanding of long-term business vision balanced with short-term realism
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently
- A proactive can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- Significant commercial awareness and ability to quickly differentiate most impactful tasks/projects
- Ability to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Have a real impact on Deliveroo’s growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with highly motivated people who love what they do every day
- Free Deliveroo Plus (no delivery charge on all of your Deliveroo orders)
- Medical insurance
- Heavily subsidised gym membership
- Annual return flight ticket
- HUGE office lunches on Thursdays and more than enough free food from Deliveroo