Insights Manager - Commercial Insight
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere.
The Commercial Insight function is a new team created to drive decision making by combining a deep understanding of the financial drivers of the company with a skill in data manipulation and turning rich and nuanced data sets into clear insights or business tools. Working closely with the Business Intelligence and Growth Analytics Teams as well as the wider Finance teams, the function is at the heart of making data work for our business.
Reporting into the Head of Insight and Analytics in Finance, this is an exciting senior role that offers the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups in recent years. This role is an excellent opportunity, suitable for candidates looking to apply and deepen their skills across a number of business areas and make a difference to the course of a fast paced and exciting company.
- Drive decision making from a unique perspective by combining financial understanding with an ease with complex and rich data sets
- Build out intuitive and sophisticated tools to allow people to quickly understand our business and drive it towards commercial success
- Develop graduates aiming to develop a career in Finance as well as Analytics and Role model data driven behaviour to deepen the core skill set of our Finance Team as a whole.
- Guide the vision of data use and sophisticated task automation across the Finance Team to create a truly pioneering and insight driven team
- Partner with product managers and engineering leads to translate the impacts from technically complex projects into clear drivers for the commercial success of the company
- Proven ability creating data driven changes in a fast paced and competitive environment (e.g Consulting, Banking, Startups)
- Comfort with vague but complicated problems, tight deadlines and proactively driving results
- Experience in partnering with departments to balance conflicting needs and challenging the thinking of senior stakeholders
- Experience with business planning and commercial modelling to quantify decision making and drive change across an organisation
- Able to communicate and translate complex problems or results to stakeholders in a simple and effective way
- Highly tuned analytical skills and robust mathematical ability
- Sophisticated knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience using BI software (e.g. Tableau, Looker) to build out adaptable and intelligently designed business tools and in implementing out those tools in across organisation
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a product at an incredible pace.
- Conferences and courses; we're all about professional development.
- Machinery of the highest order.
- Subsidised gym membership at a fancy gym down the road.
- Regular off-sites with the team, as well as game nights, and the legendary “Bun-day Monday”.
- Ping-pong table, PS4, dartboard and foosball table as standard office furniture.
- Food. So much food. Nom Nom.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.