Business Development Manager (Birmingham)
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
You will be a representative on the Deliveroo sales team, tasked with signing up Birmingham's best restaurants.
More specifically, you will:
- Map and target restaurants in central Birmingham in a very methodical and organised fashion
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Sample food from a variety of high quality establishments
- Attend restaurant and food conferences
The job is not an office job, you must be outgoing and enjoy talking to new people! Excellent social skills are necessary.
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and well-connected in the restaurant industry, and have the following skill set:
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry;
- History of exceeding revenue targets;
- Exhibit the ability to self-motivate;
- Experience in a high-growth business environment is a plus
- Exhibit the ability to think on your feet and learn to consistenly ABC!
We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work long-hours and show continued commitment and dedication to the operation.
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day