Operations Supply Manager - Berlin
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for- all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. The Operations function also leads our internal logistics function which caters to our 2000+ restaurants (and still expanding) across Germany.
As an Operations Manager specialising in rider supply, you will be reporting to the Head of Supply. Your main objective will be to ensure that we source enough people to cover our growth. This individual should be ambitious, energetic, outgoing, target-driven and organized, and will:
- Own weekly targets for supply – including coordinating with other operations functions and marketing to meet the level of rider demand on the road
- Establish a healthy and constant pipeline of applicants – run marketing initiatives to build reputation of Deliveroo in rider and runner community and develop our value proposition to increase applications
- Establish a community of ambassadors – especially among non-traditional rider profiles that can help expand the pool of potential riders and runners, including at local universities / tertiary education establishments
- Improve the quality of new rider and implement tools to measure success
- Develop and optimize better operational processes – innovate and drive continuous process improvement to shorten onboarding time
- Analyse in great detail the effectiveness of different supply channels and pipelines – and work on strategy for improving rider numbers in key areas
- Manage day-to-day supply operations –selling the benefits of riding with Deliveroo, moving successful candidates through the application process, responding to email inquiries about working for Deliveroo etc.
This role is a combination of hands-on execution and strategizing. You will see the results of your work reflected daily or weekly and have huge impact on the quality of our service standards. It is heavy operations, but also includes sales and marketing aspects. The ideal individual will have the following attributes:
- Outgoing and open-minded personality that can interact and influence people with different profiles (age, nationality, experience, background)
- Good communication skills - able to clearly and articulately communicate over the phone and email
- Sales experience OR an interest in developing sales skills if you don't
- Experience with Excel and a keen eye for data
- Process driven mentality with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis
- Startup attitude, "I work my ass off because I love it " approach
- Enough energy to operate in a fast-paced and targeted environment
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Highly focused and able to sustain attention on what you are doing for long periods
- Relevant operational, analytical and recruiting experience ideally gained on marketing or operations management positions a plus
- Customer service, operations or hospitality experience is a bonus
- Become one of the early employees of the world’s well-funded and fastest growing start- ups revolutionising the food delivery space
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day, in an energetic and entrepreneurial culture
- Versatile development opportunities
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Flat hierarchies and a dynamic start-up atmosphere
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start- ups around