Business Development Manager - Midlands
Deliveroo’s mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast. A startup founded in 2012 Deliveroo has rapidly emerged as the leading player in this fast growing market and has now raised over $240M in funding from the same top tier investors who invested in Facebook, Uber and AirBnB
This new role will be primarily be focused on bringing new restaurant partners on to the platform across the Midlands region. Your role will include developing new relationships with restaurants as well cultivating existing ones. With this being a startup nothing remains static so the role will likely evolve as the business does to encompass new products and challenges as they arise.
This is a role for an intelligent, motivated, self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector. The role will be to:
- Map and target restaurants across the region in a methodical and organised fashion.
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo's technology and value proposition
- Sample food from a variety of high quality establishments
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
- A lot of the role will be based in the field so the candidate must be comfortable with that type of working style.
The ideal candidate is driven, with a proven sales record, ideally having worked with corporate clients in the past.
- 2+ years work experience
- Must be comfortable with targeting new business
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Tenacious and self motivated
- Relevant professional experience in sales and/or account management
- Attractive compensation and commission structure
- Be an early employee of an exciting startup disrupting the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the growth and culture of the Midlands office
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners - Deliveroo’d to the office of course!