Operations Strategy Associate - Melbourne
Deliveroo’s mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast. A startup founded in 2012 Deliveroo has rapidly emerged as the leading player in this fast growing market and has now raised over A$600M in funding from the same top tier investors who invested in Facebook, Spotify and many other global startups. Deliveroo employs hundreds of staff around the world and we are further expanding our local team in Australia.
Our culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.
As a member of the National Operations Strategy team, you will be responsible for driving operational efficiency and unlocking growth through data backed solutions. Operations Strategy Associates are well versed in excel, SQL and / or Python a definite plus, and are able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams. Most importantly, Strategy Associates have a strong commercial sense and understand the necessity of getting their hands dirty with execution.
Whether creating processes and learning from international experiments on rider growth or designing incentives to ensure a rider-partner is just minutes away from delivering a customer’s meal, this role is dynamic and fast thinking.
Many of us have banking, engineering, consulting, startup, or entrepreneurial backgrounds -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- Passion for changing the way people live - Deliveroo is fundamentally changing how people experience food and revolutionising earning opportunities for our rider-partners. This mission excites you - you want to take a part in optimising this on-demand economy.
- Communication and collaboration skills - You'll work with your city's rider-partners, as well as different Deliveroo teams across Australia, and all over the world. You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and building solutions together. You can advocate for your position, but provide the data and insights to convince others to follow your lead.
- Analytical rigor - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Solutions Focused - We are constantly working to improve Deliveroo for our customers and our rider-partners. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Deliveroo in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Drive to execute - We only get better when we take the leap to make things happen. You should have a bias towards action and desire to see your ideas out in the world. You'll have experience taking things from a proposal to a solution and the hustle to make it happen.
- Ground floor opportunity with regional expansion; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real goods and reinventing the logistics of food delivery.
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who seriously enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- Weekly personal training sessions
- Plenty of Deliveroo food Deliveroo'd to the office every Monday!