Customer Experience Lead - Melbourne
The Customer Experience Lead is responsible for leading the Corporate and Social Media support functions in Australia, the Customer Support functions in Manila, and working closely with the other business function Leads within Australia to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in achieving the overall business objectives.
Additionally, the position is responsible for assisting its individual lines of business with development, analysis and implementation of process and procedure, training, performance measurement and management, scheduling and reward/recognition programs.
This position must liaise with its peer Lead roles to ensure effective communication is maintained in order to prevent issues interfering with the successful outcomes. Staying abreast of product updates and changes to operating systems which impact the Live Operations functions and communicating this information to the wider Live Operations team and support roles will also form a key part of this role.
- This role will be responsible for the Customer Support teams in Manila, and Social Media and Corporate Support functions in Australia and the successful completion of their tasks.
- Providing the analytics behind performance and areas for improvement or review.
- Provides daily direction and communication to team members so that individual responsibilities are completed effectively and efficiently, in line with time, quality and satisfaction targets.
- Handling communication channels of Email, Live Chat, Phone and Social Media for any Customer, Corporate or General Public questions, complaints or issues in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of incidents reported by Customers or members of the general public to the Live Operations team.
- Handle escalated Customer issues, which cannot be resolved by the First Line of support.
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures to create and implement better modes of operations, with the objective of making the provision of service to customers more effective and efficient.
- Give detailed statistical feedback on performance of team members to the management for staff evaluation and reward purposes.
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
- Observe performance of team members to identify their strengths and weaknesses and make arrangements to strengthen areas requiring improvement.
- Provide assistance to team members whom are experiencing difficulties in the discharge of their duties by providing personal coaching.
- Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to area/process improvement.
- Any other tasks as directed by Customer & Restaurant Experience Manager, Head of Live Operations, or Country Manager.
- Showcase good leadership skills to motivate and engage team members to achieve results.
- Excellent skills for communicating and relating with both staff members and customers.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to create a cordial relationship with team members in local and remote offices.
- Proven experience managing offshore and remote teams.
- A calm temperament to handle disputes and emergency scenarios.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Ability to source and interpret data to identify trends and develop and improve process, procedure and individual performance.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Victorian Certificate or Education (VCE), Higher School Certificate (HSC), or equivalent level of education attainment, or
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Manager or Team Leader of a Customer Service Team, or
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Customer Service, Call Centre, Logistics or Hospitality environments.
- Become a key person in the world’s fastest growing on-demand delivery company.
- Open, respectful, fun company culture.
- Weekly yoga and exercise programs.
- BIG Monday lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course. Did we mention how much we love food? Oh.. and the weekly drinks to celebrate our ongoing success :)
- Work with people who LOVE what they do!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.