Comms Manager - Europe
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about takeaway.
The company was founded in 2013 because co-founder, Will Shu, was fed up with London’s poor quality and slow food delivery options. Will and his friend Greg Orlowski set to work to build something better.
They brought technology together with the nation’s best-loved restaurants to get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast. In an average of 30 minutes, Deliveroo’s riders bring the likes of Busaba Eathai, Carluccio’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and MEATliquor, to customers’ homes and offices.
The model is great for everyone: customers get high-quality food delivered to them quickly, restaurants that don’t typically offer takeaway can increase revenues by 30% or more, and riders enjoy flexible, well-paid work.
Little wonder it’s proved so popular. Now in over 100 cities across the world and armed with over $470m worth of investment from the likes of Accel and Index Ventures, Deliveroo is growing at phenomenal speed.
Reporting to the Head of PR (Europe) they will:
- Act as the day-to-day contact for PR agencies in three European markets.
- Build relationships and work closely with the local marketing teams across Europe to manage and maximise all PR opportunities
- Draft responses and statements for European media enquiries
- Manage requests for interviews and information across the business
- Share learnings and results across the business to maximise ROI
- Ensure each agency is focused on getting releases right first time and we are prioritising activity for maximum results in media
- Developing and maintain PR assets that work across countries
- Support the Head of PR (Europe) to deliver high-impact PR campaigns for each local market, across the region and on a global basis
- Travel regularly to Deliveroo Europe offices including Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium and The Netherlands
- 3/4 years experience in a comms role, liaising with the media directly
- Outstanding organisational ability
- Fluency in one of French, German, Italian, Dutch or Spanish is an advantage along with flawless written English
- Experience in fast-paced environments
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change
- Education level requirement: 2:1 degree level or above
Nice to haves
- Experience of working at a start-up or high-growth business
- Budget management and reporting
- Experience of developing brand visibility across social media channels and engaging with bloggers and influencers
Joining Deliveroo has many perks, one of which - you’ve guessed it - is food! There’s a near constant flow of deliciousness throughout the week - and every Friday lunch, we order enough to feed an army. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation in one of the world’s fastest growing startups and a lovely laptop of your choice.
The culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.