Compliance and HR Admin Manager
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top-quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organisational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
The People Team are committed to making Deliveroo the best place to work! We’re growing our team to help us deliver on that promise, focusing on hiring, retaining and cultivating top talent.
The successful candidate will be responsible for making sure we’re running a tight ship! From supporting the business with managing its compliance obligations in respect to right to work checks and Tier 2 sponsorship duties, to other HR Admin tasks, like setting up new employees and ensuring all records are accurate on our HR system.
- To act as the main point of contact for immigration issues and right to work checks
- To liaise with external lawyers with the preparation and submission of visa applications - including preparation of applications, letters, forms, etc. to obtain initial work permits, and extensions of the same
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance internally in relation to the business’ sponsorship duties, including developing and maintaining effective record keeping and reporting systems, and ensuring all appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner to pro-actively drive the case forward
- Manage the employee onboarding and offboarding process
- Collate all employee information required to process monthly payroll
- Maintain all employee records on our HR system across all countries and cities
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned to ensure the compliance to HR processes and policies
- A good knowledge of UK immigration law, the UK’s point based system and sponsor obligations
- Previous experience in a similar compliance role/ Global mobility team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in all dealings
- Extremely process driven with a keen attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in issue tracking and resolution
- Right to work in the UK
- Become one of the early employees of the world’s well-funded and fastest growing start-ups revolutionising the food delivery space
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day, in an energetic and entrepreneurial culture
- Highly subsidised gym membership
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Competitive marketplace package
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- Swag! You'd better like kangaroos though
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.