Senior Rider Operations Associate (Supply)
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for- all Thursday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Rider Operations department and lead on hiring and training our growing Rider Fleet. You will be responsible for ensuring that our riders are on the road as soon as possible and have the skills they need to succeed in their roles.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own weekly targets for supply – including coordinating with multiple other operations functions to meet the level of rider demand on the road
- Build, train and manage the operations supply team
- Establish a healthy and constant pipeline of applicants – Work closely with rider agencies, to ensure a health supply of riders are always available. This will include the negotiation and renewal of contracts
- Establish a community of ambassadors – Work closely with the riders to establish 'rider ambassadors' who assist with supply and act as the face of Deliveroo
- Improve the performance of new and existing riders - Implement tools to measure success and monitor performance with a view to improving rider efficiency
- Develop and optimize better operational processes – innovate and drive continuous process improvement to shorten onboarding time and improve the quality of rider on-boarded
- Analyse in great detail the effectiveness of different supply channels, pipelines – and work on strategy for improving rider numbers in key areas of the city to reduce downtime
- Manage day-to-day supply operations – including interviewing potential riders, selling the benefits of riding with Deliveroo and managing the rider agencies
- Good degree from a good university (that said, we will consider equivalent professional and life experience).
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English.
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and both offer and critique ideas and opinions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Desirable: experience of operations or people management at any level
- Have a real impact daily on a fast-growing business.
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation
- Work with people who love what they do every day, in an energetic and entrepreneurial culture.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.
- Subsidised gym membership.