Director of Purchasing, Deliveroo Editions
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast. We currently work with thousands of the world's most-loved restaurants to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms. The primary role of the Director of Purchasing is to maintain, develop and improve the Deliveroo purchasing functions as specifically related to Deliveroo’s Editions Initiative.
Your role will include:
- Facilitate forecasting and budgeting for all Editions Deliveroo regions worldwide quarterly and annually
- Develop Editions purchasing short and long term strategy
- Effectively communicate across the company when needed to ensure that the purchasing function is enabling Editions initiatives to move forward in step with company-wide goals.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key suppliers across the world as related to Editions
- Provide reports on Editions stock usage and spend on a weekly basis
- Negotiate contracts across Editions operations
- Hiring, training and management of Editions purchasing team in step with expansion
Build, evaluate and improve KPIs
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- At least 3-4 years of people management experience
- Experience with warehouse operation and stock management systems preferred
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organisation
- Strong process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
- Good understanding of legal regulations and contract setting
- Excellent, confident communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Salary = Competitive
- Location - 22-24 Torrington Place, WC1E 7HJ
- Closing Date = 4th July 2017
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.