Legal Contractor - Belgium
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with thousands of the best loved restaurants (worldwide) and top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers (including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms) are as passionate about great food as we are.
Recent 2016 awards include: Top European Startup, Fastest Rising Startup, Best Founders, Best CEO, Tech Business of the Year.
We are looking for a legal contractor/freelancer to work with us at least 2 days per week in our Brussels office, with some availability to answer queries remotely at other times during the week.
Reporting to the General Manager and the London HQ Legal Team, this role will involve, amongst other fun challenges:
- A high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- An impressively wide scope of work, including commercial, employment, IP, data protection, corporate, litigation and regulatory
- Process development and implementation
- Strong ability to optimise for risk in commercial setting
You will be a Belgian Qualified Solicitor and will have trained and qualified at a highly-regarded commercial law firm. You will ideally have spent 1-3* years’ post-qualification cutting your teeth in private practice and an additional 2-4* years working in-house (preferably in a fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment) on a varied diet of commercial contracts. You will be fluent in English in addition to your local language.
* post qualification years are a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can demonstrated
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Work on an extremely broad and varied scope of work, often on novel and cutting edge contractual deals and legal problems
- Work with us on a flexible basis, arrangements are open to discussion so long as the basic requirements are me