Legal Contractor - Belgium
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We are looking for a legal contractor/freelancer to work with us at least 2 days per week in our Brussels office, with some availability to answer queries remotely at other times during the week.
Reporting to the General Manager and the London HQ Legal Team, this role will involve, amongst other fun challenges:
- A high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- An impressively wide scope of work, including commercial, employment, IP, data protection, corporate, litigation and regulatory
- Process development and implementation
- Strong ability to optimise for risk in commercial setting
You will be a Belgian Qualified Solicitor and will have trained and qualified at a highly-regarded commercial law firm. You will ideally have spent 1-3* years’ post-qualification cutting your teeth in private practice and an additional 2-4* years working in-house (preferably in a fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment) on a varied diet of commercial contracts. You will be fluent in English in addition to your local language.
* post qualification years are a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can demonstrated
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Work on an extremely broad and varied scope of work, often on novel and cutting edge contractual deals and legal problems
- Work with us on a flexible basis, arrangements are open to discussion so long as the basic requirements are me