Freelance Translator - German
At Deliveroo, we're on a mission to change the way people eat.
To do this, we need to make products that are intuitive and understandable – and that's why we need you.
Since 2013, we’ve been delivering food from the best restaurants to customers in less than 30 minutes. Backed with $475m worth of investment from the likes of Index Ventures, DST and Accel, we now operate in 100 cities across 12 countries in Europe and APAC.
We’re looking for a freelance German linguist/translator to localise British English content for our German-speaking customers. Initially 16 hours/two days per week for two months, there is the potential to expand the role.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll:
- Localise/translate product content from British English to German
- Proofread work that has been translated by others
- Work with the local team to ensure all content is correct, clear and on brand
- Work remotely with the product team to ensure our products are localised to suit the German market
- Ensure the Deliveroo tone of voice doesn't get lost in translation
- Work across all our products to ensure they have top-quality translations for our customers, riders and restaurants
This role is for you if you:
- Have a native level of German and are based in Berlin
- Have a good knowledge of the local culture
- Are fluent in English
- Have a proficient working knowledge of translation management software
- Are able to translate and localise short, user-focused content along with larger sections of text
- Have exceptional knowledge of German spelling and grammar norms
- Have a good knowledge of UX/UI content best practice
- Have a bachelor's degree in English, Translation/Interpreting, Linguistics, Communications or similar (desirable)
You will be required to take an unpaid translation test of around 300 words, as is standard in the freelance translation industry. This test is aimed at assessing your translation capabilities in German and will not be used in our products.