Senior Analyst- Commercial Insight
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere.
The Commercial Insight function is a new team created to drive decision making by combining a deep understanding of the financial drivers of the company with a skill in data manipulation and turning rich and nuanced data sets into clear insights or business tools. Working closely with the Business Intelligence and Growth Analytics Teams as well as the wider Finance teams, the function is at the heart of making data work for our business.
Reporting into the Head of Insight and Analytics in Finance, this is an exciting senior role that offers the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups in recent years. This role is an excellent opportunity, suitable for candidates looking to apply and deepen their skills across a number of business areas and make a difference to the course of a fast paced and exciting company.
- Highly tuned analytical skills and robust mathematical ability
- Comfort with tight deadlines and independently driving results
- Able to communicate and translate complex problems or results to stakeholders in a simple and effective way
- Proven ability creating data driven changes in a fast paced and competitive environment (e.g Consulting, Banking, Startups)
- Sophisticated knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience using BI software (e.g. Tableau, Looker) to build out adaptable and intelligently designed business tools
- Experience with a scripting (e.g. Python, Java) or statistical (e.g. R) language is a bonus
- Experience with financial systems or planning software is a bonus
As a Senior Analyst in Commercial Insight you will be expected to:
- Drive decision making from a unique perspective by combining financial understanding with an ease with complex and rich data sets
- Build out intuitive and sophisticated tools to allow people to quickly understand our business and drive it towards commercial success
- Increase the leverage on our best people by finding sources for easy automation or by building algorithms to help guide their thinking or flag issues for their attention
- Work with other functions inside Finance and across the business to understand how they are using data and then streamline and optimise those processes
- Where data is incomplete or inadequate work with the stakeholders as well as the Data Engineering/Business Intelligence teams to fill in the gaps of our knowledge and produce stable data sources to drive future insight
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Please note this role is London based
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.