Marketing Performance Analytics Lead
Deliveroo delivers food to hungry customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities. To ensure our continued success and international growth, we’re looking for a deeply technical Marketing Performance Analytics Lead to join our Growth team. The role will primarily focus on improving the performance of our customer acquisition, retention and re-engagement marketing, through both analytics and automation. You will have massive impact by prioritising and driving forward both our experimentation and our engineering work across all these areas - including the usual social, search and mobile channels, but also new channels and product opportunities.
As a Business Performance Manager at Deliveroo, you will:
- Bring scientific rigour, entrepreneurial thinking, and a business mindset to design and analyse marketing experiments that tell actionable stories with data
- Work with marketers to ensure the right experiments maximise our learning and lead us down a path of continuous improvement of key marketing metrics (CPA, CLV and beyond, in a world of complex multi-touch attribution)
- Lead the development of tooling and automation machines to maximise the hourly, daily or weekly impact across all marketing channels
- Be creative in identifying and quantifying opportunities for big acquisition, engagement and retention impact – cutting across both the conventional marketing breakdown (paid, social, SEM, CRM, mobile, TV,…) and broader product opportunities
- Take responsibility to feed back requirements/needs of marketing in a structured way to engineering teams;
- Mentor and lead a high-performing team as required by the opportunities you have identified
- Work equally well with marketers, analysts, product managers and engineers, often cutting across organisational boundaries
- Translate critical, unstructured marketing questions into testable hypotheses and then actionable answers, and help teach the broader marketing team how to do this well
- Leverage third-party tracking, attribution or optimisation tools where appropriate
Some examples of the problems you might tackle in your new role:
- Plan experiments to quickly discover the best use of a specific customer communication channel
- Having quantified an opportunity, prototype automation machines (e.g. in Python) to scale up those learnings to all customers in all markets and generate value at scale
- Do rigorous analysis and forecasting of CPA or CLV, together with sophisticated multi-touch attribution to identify opportunities to reallocate marketing spend more effectively
- Build a “back of envelope” business case to quantify the potential impact of an unstructured, under-specified idea or opportunity
- Develop frameworks for measuring the efficiency of Partnerships, PR channels, and offline spend
- Academic excellence in a statistically heavy field, ideally beyond a BSc
- Entrepreneurial attitude: you care about impact and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you are doing the right data analysis at the right time. You see your job as making that impact, not completing tasks
- Deep expertise in large-scale performance marketing in the digital world, including the subtleties of CPAs, CLV and multi-touch attribution
- Substantial design or development of tooling and systems for analytics, automation or marketing
- Ability to communicate the results of a complex analysis in a way that makes it understandable to a non-technical audience
- 5+ years of research, consulting or industry experience
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff
- Eat great food
- Subsidised gym membership. Probably important in a food company!
- Swag! You'd better like kangaroos though...
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.