Operations Strategy Associate
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a
chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to
global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
What your role would be
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. In this role you’ll be finding solutions to some of the toughest and most exciting questions we have to answer to become the world-leader in food delivery.
We are looking for a dynamic critical-thinker to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to work on strategic operations projects, as well as to identify inefficiencies in our operating model and help design scalable improvement solutions.
What we’re looking for
You’ll work on key operations projects. These could include supporting trials of different modes of delivery or pricing structures, or conducting deep-dives into specific aspects of the rider experience, such as diagnosing the reason and minimising the time lost waiting at restaurants.
There will definitely be some number-crunching and/or data modelling involved, but your role will also be about stepping back – you’ll need to see the bigger picture and understand how your analysis and insights can help us to build the world’s best food delivery company.
- 2-4 years’ experience, preferably in consulting or a strategy-related function
- A real desire to solve real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions.
- Prioritise effectively and manage/own multiple projects concurrently
- Adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively.
- Someone who is as comfortable problem solving with the CEO as they are deep in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Experience as a consultant in a top-tier consultancy or strategy function in a top-tier corporate
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to motivate others
- A quantitative degree from a top university e.g., Physics, Maths, Engineering
- Solid spreadsheet and modelling skills i.e., pivot tables and INDEX MATCH
- Effective PowerPoint skills in terms of speed and quality of output
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in logistics or delivery services (turns out that pizza delivery job will pay off after all!)
- We’re a well-funded and rapidly growing start-up operating across the globe.
- You’ll have real impact in revolutionising the food delivery space.
- You’ll get top-notch kit; bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook, or a Thinkpad if you’re of the Windows inclination.
- HUGE office lunches on Fridays and a continuous stream of food throughout the week!
- Subsidised gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme to cancel out the above
- Deliveroo Plus – which means free Deliveroo deliveries for you!
- Our culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.