Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about takeaway.
The company was founded in 2013 because co-founder, Will Shu, was fed up with London’s poor quality and slow food delivery options. Will and his friend Greg Orlowski set to work to build something better.
They brought technology together with the nation’s best-loved restaurants to get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast. In an average of 30 minutes, Deliveroo’s riders bring the likes of Busaba Eathai, Carluccio’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and MEATliquor, to customers’ homes and offices.
The model is great for everyone: customers get high-quality food delivered to them quickly, restaurants that don’t typically offer takeaway can increase revenues by 30% or more, and riders enjoy flexible, well-paid work.
Little wonder it’s proved so popular. Now in over 100 cities across the world and armed with over $470m worth of investment from the likes of Accel and Index Ventures, Deliveroo is growing at phenomenal speed.
Reporting to the Corporate Comms Manager they will:
- Work closely with wider team to manage and maximise all PR opportunities
- Draft responses and statements for media enquiries
- Assist with rider engagement campaigns
- Manage requests for interviews and speaking opportunities across the business
- Drafting materials to support corporate campaigns e.g. press releases, photography briefs
- Share learnings and results across the business
- Develop and maintain PR assets
- Support the Corporate Comms Manager and wider team to deliver high-impact PR campaigns
- Outstanding organisational ability
- Flawless written English
- 2-3 years experience in PR role, liaising with the media directly
- Experience in fast-paced environments
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change
- Education level requirement: 2:1 degree level or above
Nice to haves
- Start-up experience
Joining Deliveroo has many perks, one of which - you’ve guessed it - is food! There’s a near constant flow of deliciousness throughout the week - and every Friday lunch, we order enough to feed an army. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation in one of the world’s fastest growing startups and a lovely laptop.
The culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.