Rider Operations Associate - Live Operations, Dubai
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for- all Thursday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 160 cities.
Live Operations in UAE
We’re looking for talented individuals to join our Live Operations department. This team is responsible for ensuring a seamless delivery service is provided from start to finish. This starts with planning when and where our riders should be and finishes with overseeing live deliveries. With an in-depth understanding of the bigger picture, along with the rest of the live operations team you will have responsibility for overseeing the live day-to-day operations in the UAE. Through analysing performance and defining processes to improve operations, you will formulate solutions to our most challenging operational conundrums.
- 50% of time:
- Planning and implementation of the weekly rider schedule for the UAE
- Analyse operational performance with quantitative and qualitative data; identify and implement solutions.
- Optimise operations through innovation and process development.
- Review, refine and document processes and best practice.
- A whole host of ad hoc tasks!
- 50% of time:
- Monitoring Live Operations and building the weekly rider schedule.
- Communicate with operations and commercial stakeholders regarding day-to-day operational performance.
- Good degree from a good university (that said, we will consider equivalent professional and life experience).
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and both offer and critique ideas and opinions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data.
- Prior experience in working with operations or customer services teams.
- Have a real impact on a fast-growing business.
- Work with people who love what they do, in an energetic and entrepreneurial culture.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.
- Subsidised gym membership.