Rider Operations Associate (Live Operations)
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for- all Thursday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We’re looking for talented individuals to join our Live Operations department. This team is responsible for ensuring a seamless delivery service is provided from start to finish. This starts with planning when and where our riders should be and finishes with overseeing live deliveries. With an in-depth understanding of the bigger picture, along with the rest of the live operations team you will have responsibility for overseeing the live day-to-day operations in the UAE. Through analysing performance and defining processes to improve operations, you will formulate solutions to our most challenging operational conundrums.
Your responsibilities will include:
- 50% of time:
- Planning and implementation of the weekly rider schedule for the UAE
- Analyse operational performance with quantitative and qualitative data; identify and implement solutions.
- Optimise operations through innovation and process development.
- Review, refine and document processes and best practice.
- A whole host of ad hoc tasks!
- 50% of time:
- Monitoring Live Operations and building the weekly rider schedule.
- Communicate with operations and commercial stakeholders regarding day-to-day operational performance.
- Good degree from a good university (that said, we will consider equivalent professional and life experience).
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and both offer and critique ideas and opinions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data.
- Prior experience in working with operations/ customer services teams.
- Have a real impact daily on a fast-growing business.
- Work with people who love what they do every day, in an energetic and entrepreneurial culture.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.
- Subsidised gym membership.