Technical Project Manager
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants along with renowned local gems such as to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organizational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
At Deliveroo we’re striving to build London’s best engineering organisation.
Our teams are solving unique and difficult problems at scale in an energetic and hyper-growth environment. We’re growing incredibly quickly, and we need a technical programme manager to help our platform engineering team to scale.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will play a key role within our Software Engineering Tools and Infrastructure (SETI) team. We have a "customer-first, live service-first" mindset, and we enable our teams to affect change with speed, ease & confidence. The reliability of our Deliveroo service, innovation in our production platform, and "engineer happiness" in our toolchain are our biggest priorities. You will need excellent project management skills, great communication skills, to enjoy working in a constantly evolving start-up and be able to influence the strategic direction of key initiatives like incident management and service reliability.
Ultimately, your success will depend on your demonstrated abilities and attitude, beyond any industry-relevant experience.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for initiatives and tasks in the platform engineering team.
- Help the team coordinate the incident management function including post mortems and repair items.
- Help the team plan and schedule platform migrations.
- Help the platform engineering team to implement a strong release management function with changes to the CI/CD toolchain.
- Help drive alignment in the broader Engineering team around the strategic plans/roadmap for the platform.
- Manage the coordination of non-technical tasks and initiatives across the broader Engineering team.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and our other business departments for any project requirements and scoping.
- Working on an amazing product that is loved and used by millions
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at an incredible pace
- Top end machinery
- Training stipend - a conference of your choice
- Subsidised gym membership at a proper fancy gym down the road
- Regular off-sites with the team, as well as game nights, and the legendary “Bun-day Monday”
- Located within easy reach of several incredible restaurants
- Food. So much food. Nom Nom
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.