Fleet Manager - Driver Ops Associate (Dubai)
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the city's best loved restaurants, including names like Gaucho, Baker and Spice, Taqado and Circle Cafe to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
We are looking to hire a Fleet Manager (FM) who will work as a member of our growing Driver Operations team. Driver Operations is the heart of the business and the Fleet and its riders are very much a part of that. We are looking for bright, hard-working individuals who want to be a part of a growing team which is at the core of the business. The duties of the FM will include:
- The overall management of the entire Deliveroo motorbike fleet (400+ bikes), including: maintenance scheduling, supply pipeline, registration & licensing, fines management & record keeping.
- Working with existing partners to establish/negotiate better rates for motorcycle leasing/purchasing
- Educating drivers on the traffic laws, safety on the road, governmental systems, prevention of accidents, proper treatment of vehicles.
- Management of driver fuel cards & fuel invoicing
- Process improvement - example: Improving driver time spent on the road vs out of service
- Give support to the Operations Manager during rider on-boarding and fleet growth
- Managing line reports who are responsible for driver kit, equipment and ancillaries
- You should be friendly, have strong attention to detail and a willingness to get stuck in regardless of the task!
- Experience working in Operations (preferably regional)
- Have experience working with vehicles (preferably motorbikes) and understand maintenance and maintenance scheduling
- Ability to use multiple systems and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and the Microsoft office package
- Able to effectively communicate (In English) to a wide range of people via telephone or email
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and problem solve to point of resolution
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and tackle any problem quickly and efficiently
- Be passionate about what you do and care about the job
- Required to work one weekend day per week
- Have previous experience managing others
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business in the Middle East
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Medical insurance
- Annual return flight ticket
- BIG Thursday lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course!