Driver Operations Associate (Dubai)
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the city's best loved restaurants, including names like Gaucho, Baker and Spice, Taqado and Circle Cafe to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
We are looking to hire a number of Driver Operations Associates (DOA) to join our growing team. Driver Operations is the heart of the business and we are looking for bright, hard-working individuals to be a part of it. The duties of a DOA include:
- Work in the field with Deliveroo drivers to review and evaluate the needs of the new, current and in training drivers and feed this back to the Operations Managers
- Training with new drivers on Deliveroo’s delivery zones and best practices
- Educating drivers on the traffic laws, safety on the road, governmental systems, prevention of accidents, good treatment of vehicles, and personal appearance
- Conducting performance reviews and disciplinary proceedings with under-performing drivers
- Managing driver time-sheets
- Stock and warehouse management
- Processing vacation requests, emergency leave issues and documenting medical leave
- Give support to the Operations Manager during recruitment, training and team development and training
- Assist with training the drivers (theoretical and practical) on how to use Deliveroo’s technology
- You should be friendly, have strong attention to detail and a willingness to get stuck in regardless of the task!
- Experience working in Operations (preferably regional)
- Ability to use multiple systems and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Able to effectively communicate to a wide range of people via telephone or email
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and problem solve to point of resolution
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and tackle any problem quickly and efficiently
- All DOAs are required to work one weekend day per week
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business in Dubai
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Thursday lunches for the office alongside restaurant tastings throughout the week. Did we mention how much we love food?