Business Development Manager - Sydney
Deliveroo’s mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast. A startup founded in 2012 Deliveroo has rapidly emerged as the leading player in this fast growing market and has now raised over $600M in funding from the same top tier investors who invested in Facebook, Uber and AirBnB. Deliveroo employs several thousand staff around the world and we are now expanding our local team as we grow across Australia.
We are looking for a field based Business Development Manager. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. You’ll be liaising with Sydney’s most premium and loved restaurants. As a member of the local sales team, your role will include developing new relationships with restaurants as well cultivating existing ones. This is a role for an intelligent, motivated self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
You will be tasked with signing up Sydney's favourite restaurants. More specifically, you will:
- Map and target restaurants in Sydney in a very methodical and organised fashion
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Sample food from a variety of high quality establishments
- Attend restaurant and food conferences
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business
- The job requires great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry
- You will need to be tenacious and self motivated
- Become an early employee with the world’s fastest growing on-demand delivery company
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Attractive compensation and commission structure
- Monthly meal, transport, phone and health allowance
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course!
- Strong focus on your professional development and unparalleled opportunities for progression