Business Development Manager - Melbourne
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We are looking for a field based Business Development Manager. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. You’ll be liaising with Melbourne's most premium and highly regarded restaurants. As a member of the local sales team, your role will include developing new relationships with restaurants as well cultivating existing ones. This is a role for an intelligent, motivated, self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
You will be tasked with signing up Melbourne's best restaurants. More specifically, you will:
- Map and target restaurants across Melbourne in a very methodical and organised fashion
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Sample food from a variety of high quality establishments
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business
- The job requires great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients is a must
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is a significant plus
- You will need to be tenacious and self motivated
- Become one of the first employees of the world’s fastest growing on-demand delivery company
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Attractive compensation and commission structure
- Monthly meal, transport, phone and health allowance
- BIG Monday lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course!
- Strong focus on your professional development and many opportunities for progression