Head of Operations - Hong Kong
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
Deliveroo’s Operations team deal with management of our 1) rider contractors, 2) runner contractors, 3) internal logistics, and 4) restaurant operations - the face and wheels of Deliveroo. In this role, you will be responsible for the expansion of the business by developing a scalable operation overseeing key aspects of operations optimization, rider rider scheduling, engagement and fee management.
We work with thousands of the world’s best restaurants and deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, and include an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
Roles will include:
- Management of a fleet of 500+ riders and runners
- Responsible for the day-to-day delivery operations
- Drive continuous operational improvement
- Creating robust plans and reporting for the delivery and optimisation of key strategic projects and zone enhancements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and external strategic partners
- Responsible for forecasting and scheduling the correct number of riders per week
- Communication across a wide range of cultures, religions and backgrounds
- Supervision of rider fees; equipment deposits
- Research into new Deliveroo zones for rider engagement; approaching community leaders and venues in order to advertise rider recruitment
- Delegate responsibilities appropriately & empower your team members to deliver the best results
- Identify, analyze and respond to failure risk so that it will decrease the chance of a risk’s occurrence and/or its impact on the customer experience
- Graduate level candidate - a science/highly analytical degree or background is a bonus
- High level people management skills, must have experience working with people of different backgrounds/cultures
- Fluency in Cantonese and English required
- Large scale management organisational skills
- Experience with staffing on a large scale
- Experience of hiring staff; not solely recruitment types, but hiring through different channels; hiring en-masse
- Experience with training / learning & development
- Experience of project delivery under tight deadlines and pressured / changing environment
- Candidate will have the ability to independently research new locations for Deliveroo expansion with regards to rider operations: talking to local authority to establish parking permissions; understanding traffic patterns and main routes across zones; rider parking locations
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course!
- Gym and phone subsidies
- Health and dental insurance coverage