Deliveroo’s on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about takeaway.
The company was founded in 2013 because co-founder, Will Shu, was fed up with London’s poor quality and slow food delivery options. Will and his friend Greg Orlowski set to work to build something better.
They brought technology together with the nation’s best-loved restaurants to get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast. In an average of 30 minutes, Deliveroo’s ‘Roomen and women’ - self-employed cyclists and motorcyclists - bring the likes of Busaba Eathai, Carluccio’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and MEATliquor, to customers’ homes and offices.
The model is great for everyone: customers get high-quality food delivered to them quickly, restaurants that don’t typically offer takeaway can increase revenues by 30% or more, and Roomen and women enjoy flexible, well-paid work.
Little wonder it’s proved so popular. Now in 50 cities across the world and armed with $200m worth of investment from the likes of Accel and Index Ventures, Deliveroo is growing at phenomenal speed.
About the role
We’re looking for a Media Planner to take our UK&IE campaigns to the next level. Our ideal candidate will be an extremely organized, passionate brand builder.
We want someone who won’t sleep until we’ve got the country covered with incredible advertising campaigns that not only build a global community of users, but an army of word-spreaders
They’ll be charged with ensuring a smooth and effective running of all UK&IE wide advertising, from agency brief to delivery of final artwork. They must have great skills in effective project set-up, budget control, project tracking and reporting with a focus on great delivery.
- Manage, schedule and deliver all ATL plans, specifications, proofs and final artwork across all mediums to agreed scope, timings and budget
- Be the hub of communication for the all UK&IE advertising - in regular contact with internal and external stakeholders, from brief definition to campaign launch
- Manage research and campaign tracking efforts related to the development of insights, and create post campaign reports
- Liaise with design team to coordinate photoshoots aligned with overall creative media strategy
- Communicate regularly with media agency and internal stakeholders on campaign performance, optimisations, and delivery status
- 3+ years within a top UK media agency or client at a similar position
- Extremely detail-oriented, organised and able to handle planning for multiple projects. Excellent ability to read and correct proofs
- Excellent budgeting and financial ability
- Demonstrable ability to manage stakeholders and lead projects, working independently in a fast-paced environment and within a team
- Fluent in English
Joining Deliveroo has many perks, one of which - you’ve guessed it - is food! There’s a near constant flow of deliciousness throughout the week - and every Friday lunch, we order enough to feed an army. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation in one of the world’s fastest growing startups and a lovely laptop of your choice.
The culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.