Art Director: Consumer Campaigns
Who we are
At Deliveroo, our mission is to bring the world’s local restaurants into everyone’s home or office — fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants (GBK, Rossopomodoro, Carluccio's, many top-quality independents) to deliver their meals to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are — and we get fantastic food to them in just 32 minutes on average!
We're growing fast, having already launched in more than 65 cities around the world — and we're only just getting started.
This is a really exciting opportunity for the right candidate with appropriate experience. The role involves owning a core stream of the business; developing concepts, and working with the entire creative studio to realise these concepts. This role will allow you to work on a number of campaigns – from regional to international. You will be fundamental in the development of 360 campaigns and will cover advertising, print, sponsorship, global launches & digital. You are full of great ideas, know how to lead and work as part of a team and have the confidence and gravitas to explain your concepts and present them to the wider business.
- working closely with the copywriter to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfil briefs
- working with designer to produce an effective advertising campaign that can flex to fit local and global needs
- gaining an understanding of the target audience and business that the advert is aimed at
- maintain an overview of the work stream and coordinate with designers to achieve desired results
- briefing other members of the creative team
- commissioning photographers, artists or film-makers to work on projects
- visiting and assessing locations for potential shoots
- working on location to direct shoots
- attending meetings at production houses and with other directors
- working in editing suites to oversee the finished product
The ideal candidate:
- is highly creative, tenacious and hard working
- has a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing
- can see the bigger picture and quickly knows how to assemble the parts to make an idea come together
- has in-depth photoshoot planning and directing experience specializing in food photography
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- work well as part of a team, with a range of people
- has an interest in social and cultural trends and a passion for food
- Top-notch kit - we’ll get you what you need or you can bring your own
- Eat great food. Yes, there’ll be lots of it.
- Attend marketing, design and food events with the team
- Gym membership. Probably important in a food company!
- Define how we design and communicate our brand internationally - we think that's pretty exciting!
- Oh, and did we mention there’s food?