Art Director: Consumer Campaigns
Who we are
At Deliveroo, our mission is to bring the world’s local restaurants into everyone’s home or office — fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants (GBK, Rossopomodoro, Carluccio's, many top-quality independents) to deliver their meals to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are — and we get fantastic food to them in just 32 minutes on average!
We're growing fast, having already launched in more than 65 cities around the world — and we're only just getting started.
This is a really exciting opportunity for the right candidate with appropriate experience. The role involves owning a core stream of the business; developing concepts, and working with the entire creative studio to realise these concepts. This role will allow you to work on a number of campaigns – from regional to international. You will be fundamental in the development of 360 campaigns and will cover advertising, print, sponsorship, global launches & digital. You are full of great ideas, know how to lead and work as part of a team and have the confidence and gravitas to explain your concepts and present them to the wider business.
- working closely with the copywriter to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfil briefs
- working with designer to produce an effective advertising campaign that can flex to fit local and global needs
- gaining an understanding of the target audience and business that the advert is aimed at
- maintain an overview of the work stream and coordinate with designers to achieve desired results
- briefing other members of the creative team
- commissioning photographers, artists or film-makers to work on projects
- visiting and assessing locations for potential shoots
- working on location to direct shoots
- attending meetings at production houses and with other directors
- working in editing suites to oversee the finished product
The ideal candidate:
- is highly creative, tenacious and hard working
- has a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing
- can see the bigger picture and quickly knows how to assemble the parts to make an idea come together
- has in-depth photoshoot planning and directing experience specializing in food photography
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- work well as part of a team, with a range of people
- has an interest in social and cultural trends and a passion for food
- Top-notch kit - we’ll get you what you need or you can bring your own
- Eat great food. Yes, there’ll be lots of it.
- Attend marketing, design and food events with the team
- Gym membership. Probably important in a food company!
- Define how we design and communicate our brand internationally - we think that's pretty exciting!
- Oh, and did we mention there’s food?
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.