Who we are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants along with renowned local gems such as to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organizational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
What we do
Design at Deliveroo takes centre stage.
Our mission is to build the best food delivery experience in the industry. To do this, we design, build and maintain a range of apps for our customers, drivers, restaurants and internal teams - all of which are mission critical to our company's operations. We also create packaging for our restaurants, international marketing campaigns both on print and in digital, company apparel for our team, and when time allows for it, mugs.
We're a small but effective team that supports the entire business across multiple countries in delivering a fantastic Deliveroo experience that is unique and delightful every step along the journey, and ensure that we reach both new and existing customers in a way that is effective and memorable.
Are you interested in the complexities of operating a global network of Riders and the product user challenges a diverse cross culture brings?
We're looking for a smart, tenacious and detailed User Researcher to join our growing research team to work across our Rider products. Working directly with the Rider team you will be working across logistics, payment models, Rider apps, Riders acquisition and retention.
As a User Researcher on our London-based team, you will:
- Establish a plan and toolkit for explorative and directive user research that helps question and validate our design and Rider product assumptions
- Plan and execute field research, surveys, user interviews, diary studies and usability tests with our Riders to understand how we can serve them better
- Work with our data scientists and engineers in identifying trends and patterns in Rider user behaviour to support and aid your research
- Turn your insights into recommendations and actions for our design team and product management
- Work with the team on challenging, validating and iterating on wireframes and visual designs to ensure insights generated by your research are being considered in our design decisions
- Support the entire design team in setting a common standard for how design is done at Deliveroo
- Be exposed to the whole business, in an environment where your ideas count
- Contribute to a learning organisation: you'll help defining how we work together, and how we build a great product
You love asking questions that establish the "why", not only the "what". You're talented at seeing other people's point of view, and you're passionate about translating your findings into clear and actionable recommendations for our team.
In addition, you will have previous experience in user research, using a broad range of methodologies, ideally across a number of different products. You will also be confident carrying out ethnographic research to guide product design in the very early stages. You'll be confident presenting your findings to the product team, as well as the wider business, and be happy to advocate user needs when challenged. You'll have a natural interest in data and will be experienced in using analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Mixpanel, and how to use these tools to support your research.
- You have experience working with agile methods (kanban or scrum)
- A good sense of humour and a great music taste :)
- A stash of kangaroo GIFs (cat GIFs tolerated).
- Top-notch kit - we'll get you what you need or you can bring your own
- Eat great food. Yes, there’ll be lots of it.
- Tech and food events with the team.
- Gym membership. Probably important in a food company.
- Swag! You'd better like kangaroos though.
- You're encouraged to share what you learn and talk about your work, be it on Dribbble or at conferences and meetups
- Design how people everywhere order great food every day - we think that's pretty exciting!
- Did we mention there’s food?
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.