Head of Commercial Development, UK & IE
What your role would be
- Deliveroo delivers great food, fast. Deliveroo has been growing at an exponential rate and we anticipate this to continue.
- You are the right-hand of the UK Managing Director. Your job, in short, is to understand the challenges of the UK business, and set strategy with the UK MD.
- You sit on the exec team in the UK business, and will work across multiple functions, as well as working closely with the Deliveroo board.
- We are looking for a dynamic critical-thinker to drive strategic change, through quantitative and qualitative research, primarily across our commercial and marketing functions. You will also be deeply involved in product and operational decisions.
- You should feel comfortable challenging key stakeholders, including senior management, in rethinking the status quo. You will drive decision making through analysis, not intuition.
- You will help us identify patterns of growth. You will understand the impact of external factors on growth, including competition and seasonality.
- Deliveroo needs to innovate, you will help structure new initiatives and ensure they are assessed quantitatively and replicated rapidly.
- You'll do a lot of number-crunching, with assistance from our BI teams, but your role will predominantly be about stepping back – you’ll need to see the bigger picture and understand how your analysis and insights can help us to build the world’s best food delivery company.
What we are looking for
- The right-hand of the UK MD, you must have the gravitas to drive change and second-guess decision making.
- An analyst with 5+ years’ experience, preferably having worked at a ‘big three’ consultancy
- Someone who can prioritise effectively, conduct 80/20 analysis, draw out business insights from that analysis and present findings and recommendations persuasively.
- A data-driven individual who is as comfortable executing with key stakeholders, as they are providing insight.
- An excellent communicator, able to regularly present and articulate their findings, along with driving the consequent actions. Comfortable and confident communicating and engaging at all levels in the organization, from the CEO and the executive team to the customer service functions.
- Collaborative working style, driving results through multiple departments, including finance, product and business intelligence.
- A degree from a top University. Quantitative degrees are preferable (e.g. Physics, Maths, Engineering).
- Solid spreadsheet skills. You'll know your way around pivot tables and VLOOKUP, and also know when Excel isn't the right tool for the job.
- Enough stats to separate the signal from the noise. Since so much of what we do is tested against the real world straight away, a good working knowledge of error calculations and confidence intervals is key.
- An ability to work quickly by judging when you’ve found the gold-plated solution after a day and not spending a week pushing for platinum.
- Passion for food and willingness to work long hours.
- Experience in logistics or delivery services (turns out that pizza delivery job will pay off after all!)
- Knowledge of core-SQL
- Have a real impact at a fast-growing startup revolutionising the food delivery space across the globe.
- Work within a highly motivated and inspirational team.
- HUGE office lunches on Fridays and more than enough free food from Deliveroo.
- Heavily discounted gym membership at Fitness First, 2 minutes' walk from the office.