Communication and Policy Intern
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Working closely across the global communications team and reporting to the Comms & Policy Lead, they will:
- Take responsibility for the reporting of all policy-related media enquiries.
- Assist in the development of our rider proposition and the communications journey from hiring to retention.
- Assist in the running and updating of powerful issue escalation and customer support processes.
- Monitor key policy and political debate of relevance to Deliveroo in each of our markets, and help to develop positions and messaging alongside the wider team.
- Lead the drafting of detailed policy and legislative background briefings.
- Monitor correspondence with relevant external stakeholders.
- Assist with the development and coordination of conference and event activity.
- Help to develop and maintain public affairs assets.
- Work closely with the social media team to maximise coverage of our activity.
- An strong interest in politics and current affairs
- Outstanding organisational ability
- Excellent written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in fast-paced environments
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change
Nice to haves
- Previous experience in a policy or public affairs role
- Additional languages
Joining Deliveroo has many perks, one of which - you’ve guessed it - is food! There’s a near constant flow of deliciousness throughout the week - and every Friday lunch, we order enough to feed an army. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation in one of the world’s fastest growing startups and a lovely laptop of your choice.
The culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.