Communication and Policy Intern
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about takeaway.
The company was founded in 2013 because co-founder, Will Shu, was fed up with London’s poor quality and slow food delivery options. Will and his friend Greg Orlowski set to work to build something better.
They brought technology together with the nation’s best-loved restaurants to get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast. In an average of 32 minutes, our Roos - self-employed cyclists and motorcyclists - bring the likes of Busaba Eathai, Carluccio’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and MEATliquor, to customers’ homes and offices.
The model is great for everyone: customers get high-quality food delivered to them quickly, restaurants that don’t typically offer takeaway can increase revenues by 30% or more, and our Roos enjoy flexible, well-paid work.
Little wonder it’s proved so popular. Now in over 60 cities across the world and armed with $200m worth of investment from the likes of Accel and Index Ventures, Deliveroo is growing at phenomenal speed.
Working closely across the global communications team and reporting to the Comms & Policy Lead, they will:
- Take responsibility for the reporting of all policy-related media enquiries.
- Assist in the development of our rider proposition and the communications journey from hiring to retention.
- Assist in the running and updating of powerful issue escalation and customer support processes.
- Monitor key policy and political debate of relevance to Deliveroo in each of our markets, and help to develop positions and messaging alongside the wider team.
- Lead the drafting of detailed policy and legislative background briefings.
- Monitor correspondence with relevant external stakeholders.
- Assist with the development and coordination of conference and event activity.
- Help to develop and maintain public affairs assets.
- Work closely with the social media team to maximise coverage of our activity.
- An strong interest in politics and current affairs
- Outstanding organisational ability
- Excellent written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in fast-paced environments
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change
Nice to haves
- Previous experience in a policy or public affairs role
- Additional languages
Joining Deliveroo has many perks, one of which - you’ve guessed it - is food! There’s a near constant flow of deliciousness throughout the week - and every Friday lunch, we order enough to feed an army. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation in one of the world’s fastest growing startups and a lovely laptop of your choice.
The culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.