Head of Regional Rider Operations - UK/IE
Who we are
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. Bringing together technology and the nation’s best-loved restaurants, we get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast – in an average of 32 minutes. In just a couple of years we’ve built a superb website, a suite of mobile apps and a global fleet of riders.
We also work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants – such as Carluccio's, GBK and Nando's - delivering meals to homes and offices, and increasing revenue by 30% or more for restaurants that don’t typically offer delivery.
What your role would be
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish.
The Head of Regional Operations will be responsible for our UK/IE operation outside of London; responsible for delivering an impeccable customer experience, ensuring the end-to-end operation is as efficient and scalable as possible and be responsible for our national rider fleet.
As the head of the regional ops structure you will be the bridge between Ops HQ and the regional management and commercial structure. You will work alongside the counterpart role for London and will be responsible for executing our regional operations, supported by the central operations teams. Responsible for six regional operations teams, each between 3-6. Accordingly the role will work very closely with our General and Regional Managers across the UK and Ireland and report into the Head of Operations.
The role requires an incredibly strong operations manager with an analytical and process driven mindset, capable of delivering change across an organisation, influencing and communicating across many levels of the business.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for a natural leader with 3-5 years operations management experience - will also consider 2-3 years at a big three consultancy with ops/change management experience
- Strong communication skills, able to influence others and lead change
- Stakeholder management; you should feel as comfortable reporting into the CEO as you are talking with our rider fleet
- You will be a meticulous project manager, knowing which resources you have available to you across the UK/IE operations team at all times
- Process development comes naturally to you; you will be a problem solver and critical thinker
- Excellent people manager: able to recruit the best, develop and nurture talent and bring together a team across multiple offices
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment across Deliveroo's six UK/IE offices
- Analytical degree from a top university
- At least 3-4 years of operations management experience
- Experience with operational change and project management
- Confident communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels, ability to influence people across the organisation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Have a real impact at a fast-growing startup revolutionising the food delivery space across the globe.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Work with and learn from a highly motivated and inspirational team.
- Office lunches on Fridays and more than enough free food and drink from Deliveroo.
- Subsidised gym membership at Fitness First and Cycle to Work scheme.