What we do
Deliveroo’s on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about takeaway.
The company was founded in 2013 because co-founder, Will Shu, was fed up with London’s poor quality and slow food delivery options. Will then brought technology together with the nation’s best-loved restaurants to get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast. In an average of 30 minutes, Deliveroo’s ‘Roomen and women’ - self-employed cyclists and motorcyclists - bring the likes of Busaba Eathai, Carluccio’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and MEATliquor to customers’ homes and offices.
Deliveroo is great for everyone: customers get high-quality food delivered to them quickly, restaurants that don’t typically offer takeaway can increase revenues by 30% or more, and Roomen and women enjoy flexible, well-paid work.
It's little wonder it’s proved so popular. Now in over 100 cities across the world and armed with $475m worth of investment from the likes of Index Ventures and Accel, Deliveroo is growing at phenomenal speed.
We're looking for an ambitious and talented content designer to join our team and help us transform the way we communicate across all our products.
As a senior copywriter, you will:
- Create strategic UX copy across our consumer, restaurant and rider apps that's compelling, easy to understand and concise
- Work with our researchers, designers, product managers, content and marketing teams in creating and applying a strong and consistent tone of voice to all of our products
- Collaborate with our researchers, designers and product managers to create a framework and process for continuously improving and testing new content on our products
- Work closely with our designers to put great copy at the heart of our design process
- Engage with transcreation agencies and other copywriters to audit and improve our user interface copy across all our international markets
You have proven and significant experience in working with a multidisciplinary team of researchers and designers to create outstanding content across a variety of platforms and products. You have a considerable track record in creating outstanding and friendly copy for user interfaces on web and mobile. You'll have been in a fast-growing and international working environment before, and you bring a host of ideas you want to apply at Deliveroo.
You're great at helping your colleagues understand the importance and value of great copy. You are a strong advocate of putting user needs first, understand how content can make or break a product, and you're comfortable in building processes and frameworks to support the creation of great content.
Joining Deliveroo has many perks, one of which - you’ve guessed it - is food! There’s a near constant flow of deliciousness throughout the week - and every Friday lunch, we order enough to feed an army. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation in one of the world’s fastest growing startups, equipment of your choice and a subsidised gym membership. Our culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.