Operations Strategy [Associate & Manager roles available] - Hong Kong
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. The Operations function also leads our internal logistics function which caters to our 1600+ restaurants (and still expanding) across Hong Kong.
Within the core Planning and Performance operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of markets across HK by matching supply to demand and solving logistical problems on a daily basis. You will need to be able to think on your feet and be able to react to events as they happen, and take a long range view in planning months into the future. The role requires a high level of attention to detail and a get stuff done attitude; and your responsibilities will include:
- Strategic supply planning
- Short term supply planning - use a range of tools to model the number of riders required on the road at any one time to service orders. Match supply to demand through managing the availability of current riders and planning the requirement for how many new riders we need in the future
- Incentive planning - Be responsible for the rider incentives budget ensuring that fee surges are applied effectively to temporarily increase supply in target markets
- Mid to long term planning - formulate a plan for upcoming events, holidays and festivals that result in atypical demand patterns in order to maintain consistent and efficient operations for the duration.
- Ensure the best riders provide their service to Deliveroo
- Conduct regular service delivery standard assessments to ensure only the highest quality delivery riders work with our partner restaurants and customers.
- Encourage the retention of high quality riders by giving them the opportunity to work when, where and how they want in line with the needs of Deliveroo’s customers.
- Solve logistical problems in diverse markets
- Develop an in depth understanding of the dynamics of your various markets and work out how to improve the operational performance whilst increasing order volume and customer retention.
- Develop and implement best practice procedures in a fast changing, dynamic and competitive environment.
- Internal liaison
- Communicate operational priorities, issues and developments with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with commercial elements of the business to ensure targets are aligned and work on cross departmental projects.
This is a very varied job with no day being the same – some days are spent in the operations HQ office and plenty are out growing Hong Kong's operations. Candidates should have the following skills / profile:
- 2+ years work experience
- Experience with Excel and a keen eye for data
- Process driven mentality with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- An attitude of getting stuff done
- Must speak both Cantonese and English
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Autonomous and adaptable to an ever-changing working environment
- Desire to progress within a fast paced startup environment
- Outgoing and open-minded personality that can interact and influence people with different profiles (age, nationality, experience, background)
- Experience at a high-performing company (corporate/FMCG/engineering/startup) a plus
- Field team recruitment experience a plus
- Hindu and Urdu language skills a plus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape·
- Versatile development opportunities
- Flat hierarchies and a dynamic start-up atmosphere
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – food Deliveroo'd to the office
- Gym and phone subsidies
- Basic health and dental insurance coverage
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day