Driver Operations Associate - Hong Kong
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. The Operations function also leads our internal logistics function which caters to our 1600+ restaurants (and still expanding) across Hong Kong.
As an associate, you will be responsible for hiring, managing and retaining our rider and runner team in Hong Kong, reporting to the Operations Manager. The role requires a high level of attention to detail and a get stuff done attitude; and your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the rider engagement process in HK
- Supporting the Operations Performance Manager and Operations Supply Manager in the management of our rider and runner team
- Developing and optimizing our rider and runner engagement process to help you hit your city targets
- Scheduling riders and runners and increasing efficiency of fleet
- Ensure the successful scaling of the business due to order growth
This is a very varied job with no day being the same – some days are spent in the operations HQ office and plenty are out growing Hong Kong's operations. Candidates should have the following skills / profile:
- 2+ years work experience
- Outgoing and open-minded personality that can interact and influence people with different profiles (age, nationality, experience, background)
- An attitude of getting stuff done
- Must speak both Cantonese and English
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Autonomous and adaptable to an ever-changing working environment
- Desire to progress within a fast paced startup environment
- Experience at a high-performing company (corporate/FMCG/engineering/startup) a plus
- Field team recruitment experience a plus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape·
- Versatile development opportunities
- Flat hierarchies and a dynamic start-up atmosphere
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – food Deliveroo'd to the office
- Gym and phone subsidies
- Basic health and dental insurance coverage
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day