Supply Operations [Associate & Manager roles available] - Hong Kong
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. The Operations function also leads our internal logistics function which caters to our 1600+ restaurants (and still expanding) across Hong Kong.
As an experienced Operations Associate or Manager specialising in driver and runner supply, you will be reporting to the Head of Operations and leading one of our two main areas in Operations. Your main objective will be to ensure that we source enough people to cover our growth. This individual should be ambitious, energetic, outgoing, target-driven and organized, and will:
- Own weekly targets for supply – including coordinating with other operations functions and marketing to meet the level of rider and runner demand on the road
- Build, train and manage the operations supply team
- Establish a healthy and constant pipeline of applicants – run marketing initiatives to build reputation of Deliveroo in rider and runner community and develop our value proposition to increase applications
- Establish a community of ambassadors – especially among non-traditional drivers and runners profiles that can help expand the pool of potential riders and runners, including at local universities / tertiary education establishments
- Improve the quality of new drivers and runners and implement tools to measure success
- Develop and optimize better operational processes – innovate and drive continuous process improvement to shorten onboarding time
- Analyse in great detail the effectiveness of different supply channels and pipelines – and work on strategy for improving rider numbers in key areas
- Manage day-to-day supply operations – including Interviewing potential riders and runners, selling the benefits of riding with Deliveroo, moving successful candidates through the application process, responding to email inquiries about working for Deliveroo etc.
This role is a combination of hands-on execution and strategizing. You will see the results of your work reflected daily or weekly and have huge impact on the quality of our service standards. It is heavy operations, but also includes sales and marketing aspects. The ideal individual will have the following attributes:
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Outgoing and open-minded personality that can interact and influence people with different profiles (age, nationality, experience, background)
- Direct people management experience
- Good communication skills - able to clearly and articulately communicate over the phone and email
- Process driven mentality with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Excel and a keen eye for data
- Sales experience OR an interest in developing sales skills if you don't
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis
- Startup attitude, "I work my ass off because I love it " approach
- Enough energy to operate in a fast-paced and targeted environment
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Highly focused and able to sustain attention on what you are doing for long periods
- Relevant operational, analytical and recruiting experience ideally gained on marketing or operations management positions a plus
- Customer service, operations or hospitality experience is a bonus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape·
- Versatile development opportunities
- Flat hierarchies and a dynamic start-up atmosphere
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – food Deliveroo'd to the office
- Gym and phone subsidies
- Basic health and dental insurance coverage
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day