Graduate Finance Assistant
We are looking for fresh, bright and passionate finance graduates to join our fantastic finance department here at Deliveroo. If you are interested in joining a fast paced start up tech company that is passionate about food then please see the role we are currently recruiting for...
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
The primary role of the Accounts Assistant is to own day-to-day transactional operations, while assisting the Group Financial Operations Manager and Finance Managers.
Your role will include:
• Making payments to vendors, drivers, and restaurants
• Processing of invoices into accounts payable system and reconciling vendor statements
• Assist with the implementation of new finance systems and processes on the transactional side
• Performing bank reconciliations
• Reviewing expense claim invoices against our expense policies and processing reimbursements
• Assisting the Finance Managers with the month-end close process
• Assisting with implementation of financial controls
• Working with external audits on the preparation of financial statements and facilitation of the annual audits
• Timely recordkeeping, document maintenance and organization
As an ideal candidate, you’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn.
- Driven, hard working and proactive individual
- Interested in food, restaurants and tech start-ups
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting start up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!