Senior Growth Analyst - User Acquisition
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals to your home.
We build and run a superb website, suite of mobile apps, and a fleet of drivers, all so you can order from real restaurants, to your doorstep.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants (Carluccio's, Nando's, Wagamamas, Busaba and many top quality independents) to deliver their meals to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are — and we satisfy them in just 32 minutes on average!
Founded in 2013, Deliveroo delivers its customers the best food in their local neighborhood in around 30 minutes.
Backed by top venture capitals, Deliveroo has secured funding for around half a billion dollars to date, and currently operates in 12 countries and above 110 cities.
The role: Senior Growth Analyst – User Acquisition
The Senior Growth Analyst – User Acquisition and provides acquisition performance insights that will translate directly to sustainable business growth and efficiency of marketing channels
Working hand in hand with our Head of Growth Analytics, Director of Marketing and Head of Business Intelligence you will spot unexplored opportunities, challenge status quo and present your findings to the broader leadership team.
You are an experienced, hands-on individual with both strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R and data visualization tools like Looker) and a business mindset.
You will be extracting, manipulating and analysing data in order to support strategic data-driven decisions to assess company’s growth, particularly that of the customer base.
You will develop both your business acumen and technical background through training and exposure to senior executives.
In a nutshell you will:
- Assess company’s growth across all the markets by conducting analysis and building models that translate data into actionable insights
- Challenge existing assumptions and spot opportunities to growth the customer base ensuring spend efficiencies (e.g. referral programs)
- Build statistical models to forecast performance (new customers, CPA, LTV, etc.)
- Improve new customer attribution model
- Assess marketing channel performance to drive spend efficiencies
- Recommend optimal targeting strategies
You will report to the Head of Growth Analytics and interact directly with C-roles and Directors.
The Growth Analytics Team is part of the Marketing Team and works closely with both Business Intelligence and Data Science.
It is a data-driven and result-oriented team, supporting the company’s growth, driving marketing spend efficiencies and improving customers’ cohorts.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a newly formed but highly important team, with a chance to significantly contribute to the ongoing success of Deliveroo.
- Self-starter, able to identify variables influencing growth and define models to forecast their evolution (e.g. seasonality)
- Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex findings to key stakeholders in a simple way
- Comfortable in working with tight deadlines, contributing to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment of Deliveroo
- Deep knowledge of SQL and another programming language (e.g. R, Python)
- Previously implemented an attribution model
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with marketing campaigns tracking
- Good understanding of retail marketing and communication methodologies
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- BS degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other highly quantitative field
Nice to have
- Ability to work with third-party APIs (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, Nanigans etc,)
- Experience with ETL and queries optimisation
- Understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with Git
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook
- Eat great food
- Gym membership. Probably important in a food company