Global Supply Chain Manager
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast. We work with hundreds of the world's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Wagamama and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
Deliveroo have experienced phenomenal growth since its launch in 2013, and now reaches 60 cities across the world. The global team has grown to over 500, not including the riders, and is increasing month-on-month. Much of the success is down to strong team values which were set early on in the journey and hope to build on further. We are now armed with $200m worth of investment from leading VCs to expand further and deliver for our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced supply chain manager to lead a new international initiative across the company, including all international locations.
The ideal candidate has experience negotiating high-value contracts, establishing global supply chains and managing stakeholders at all levels of an organization. They should be pro-active, flexible and resilient. A strong delivery focus is required, with excellent interpersonal, data-analysis, planning and organisational skills.
You can expect to work autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining the support of key stakeholders.
Detailed description – the role will include:
- Project managing a large, new international supply chain initiative across multiple countries, including:
- conducting an economic analysis of existing processes and producing a detailed cost / benefit analysis;
- negotiating contracts with key suppliers;
- working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure delivery in line with business objectives;
- managing overall timelines and budget in connection with the project,
- Performing risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements;
- Implementing processes to rationalize existing supply chain processes and reduce costs;
- Data modelling and forecasting stock usage;
- Controlling spend and building a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs;
- Scoping and establishing an online platform for global sales.
- 3+ years project management experience, with excellent knowledge of project management approaches, tools and project lifecycle phases
- Demonstrable familiarity with– or an ability to quickly understand and get up to speed with – key elements of scoping and establishing a global supply chain, including:
- sourcing and procurement techniques;
- negotiation skills and effective network management;
- collecting and analyzing data;
- strategic and day-to-day decision making.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, with capability to build strong relationships across all levels of the business and externally
- Proven leadership capabilities, with a desire to nurture and develop young talent in the business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Degree in business administration, supply chain mngment or logistics beneficial, but not essential
- Work with a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Lots of great food!