Strategic Projects Associate - Hong Kong
Deliveroo launched in HK in early November and has quickly become one of Deliveroo's biggest global markets. Close to a year into operations and we are still recording two digit month on month growth. In the past half a year, we have grown our team from nothing to 40 fulltime staff and 250+ riders, with the goal to bring full time and parttime to 100 by the end of the year.
We are looking for the best and brightest to join us - but only if you understand the meaning of execution. We are looking for managers and associates that can take on the brief of strategic projects, which is a combination of the below:
- restaurant business development (pitching to restaurants and closing them at high commission rates on an exclusive basis, i.e. they can't work with other delivery companies)
- restaurant account management (keeping these restaurants / restaurant groups happy while finding ways to maximize their revenue on our platform through marketing, analytics and innovative partnership initiatives)
- driver operations (managing our growing fleet of drivers, reducing driver delivery time, increasing driver fleet utilization, improving our fleet cost economics, improving retention, increasing speed of hiring etc.)
- customer experience (managing and improving service standards of our 12 person customer service team, developing customer relationship management framework and deploying it to increase customer retention and satisfaction levels)
- marketing (using our big budget to maximize brand recognition and conversion of customers, both new and old)
This person will be responsible for developing, planning and executing special initiatives to support the General Manager and his senior team in growing the market.
The role is not for everyone. Aiming for 10% week on week growth can be very stressful. Working in a market where your competitors are burning cash to bring you down can drive you nuts. But in return, we guarantee the best learning experience as part of a fun, young, motivated and all-star team. Aside from being a part of a rocket ship that is experiencing amazing growth, where challenges we face is different every week, you will be able to make decisions in the morning, execute them in the afternoon and see the results by evening. You will get a chance to see and take part in every part of the business (operations, sales, marketing) and learn what it takes to succeed in launching a startup.
Having analytical horsepower, client management skills and a mind for strategic growth is basic. You will also need to demonstrate a bias to action and a willingness to get your hands dirty (this includes...doing call center shifts, doing actual food deliveries, updating menus, flyering on the streets to hire drivers etc.). If you think this job is for you, then apply away!
- Graduate level candidate - a science/highly analytical degree or background is a bonus
- High level people management skills, must have experience working with people of different backgrounds/cultures
- Fluency in Cantonese and English required
- Large scale management organisational skills
- Experience with staffing on a large scale
- Experience of hiring staff; not solely recruitment types, but hiring through different channels; hiring en-masse
- Experience with training / learning & development
- Experience of project delivery under tight deadlines and pressured / changing environment
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course!
- Gym and phone subsidies
- Health and dental insurance coverage