Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Reporting to the General Counsel, this role will involve, amongst other fun challenges -
- A high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- An impressively wide scope of work, including commercial, employment, IP, data protection, corporate, fundraising, litigation and regulatory
- Global remit covering 12+ jurisdictions (and growing!)
- Helping with international new market entry as we scale super-aggressively (including localisations, cross-jurisdictional issues)
- Process development and implementation
- Strong ability to optimise for risk in commercial setting
- You will be a UK qualified Solicitor with 5-7PQE* and will have trained and qualified into the commercial department of a highly-regarded international law firm. You will ideally have spent 2-4 years working in-house, preferably in a demanding entrepreneurial environment.
*PQE is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting start-up changing the food
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings