New Business Division Leader
Deliveroo’s on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about takeaway.
The company was founded in 2013 because co-founder, Will Shu, was fed up with London’s poor quality and slow food delivery options. Will and his friend Greg Orlowski set to work to build something better.
They brought technology together with the nation’s best-loved restaurants to get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast. In an average of 30 minutes, Deliveroo’s ‘Roos’ - self-employed cyclists and motorcyclists - bring the likes of Busaba Eathai, Carluccio’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and MEATliquor, to customers’ homes and offices.
The model is great for everyone: customers get high-quality food delivered to them quickly, restaurants that don’t typically offer takeaway can increase revenues by 30% or more, and Roomen and women enjoy flexible, well-paid work.Little wonder it’s proved so popular.
We are setting up a new business division within Deliveroo to sell packaging to our restaurants. Our position at the intersection between restaurants and customers means we are uniquely positioned to understand how packaging makes for a good customer experience and to provide a better packaging solution to our restaurants. Our buying power and established relationships with restaurants will allow us to provide smaller chains and independent restaurants with better quality packaging at lower than market prices. If we are successful, we will strengthen our relationship with restaurants by providing a value added service, and Deliveroo customers will benefit from a better customer experience. We need someone entrepreneurially minded to set up and lead this new business division which is a high priority for the business. this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to prove their entrepreneurial mettle.
- The packaging division will be your baby – you need to set it up more-or-less from scratch as a semi-independent business, then grow and develop it
- You will need to be capable of setting operational, marketing and product strategy for the division backed up by quantitative and qualitative research and insight
- You will need to hire, manage and motivate a small team to help you manage your division, as well as working with established business functions and external agencies to achieve your business goals
- You will be responsible for forecasting and reporting on the performance of your business unit to the executive team
- You will need to negotiate with and manage relationships with distribution and manufacturing partners
- You will need to set out and lead an effective sales and marketing strategy that leverages the existing relationships and infrastructure of Deliveroo. You need to try different strategies and find the best way to grow the business
- We also want you to co-ordinate a global effort across 12 countries (and counting) to replicate the business model which you will be pioneering in the UK – you will need to establish the most efficient global operational model
- You will need to guide the development of the website and sales channels
- Demonstrable experience of executing an entrepreneurial function
- Experience hiring and managing people
- Strong financial and analytical proficiency for decision making and reporting purposes
- You need to be strong analytically, capable of running a business by numbers, but also with good feel for managing people and processes
- Great execution and project management skills – you’ll need to execute quickly without squandering resources
- 4+ years’ work experience
- A 2:1 from a good university
Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
Work with people who love what they do every day
Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!