Senior Finance Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis – Deliveroo
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
The Deliveroo FP&A function is a new team created to provide a structure and discipline around the provision of reporting, creation and tracking of forecasts and budgets and providing a planning framework within which the company will operate. Reporting as one of two Direct Reports into the newly appointed Finance Director, FP&A, this is an exciting senior role that offers the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups in recent years. This role is an excellent opportunity, suitable for candidates seeking to further broaden their extensive financial planning and analysis leadership experience within a fast paced business.
Summary of day-to-day responsibilities
- Lead the financial planning & analysis across the group, to deliver the annual budget, quarterly forecast processes, and longer term planning. Develop planning timetable that ensures timely delivery to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead a team of dedicated finance business partners across central service functions to provide recommendations to drive value generation across the group.
- Own the definition, production and development of internal reporting to meet both the demands of internal and external stakeholders. Scope out the demands and seek out solutions to efficiently provide the data requested on a timely basis whilst highlighting limitations of the data provided and driving through changes to maximise data integrity.
- Own consolidation of financial budgets and forecasts including Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and the forecasting of currency requirements.
- Deliver monthly results and commentary to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support project prioritization through appraisal and monitoring of financial investments through the delivery and implementation of a rigorous business case process that supports the group strategy. Ensure business cases are moderated and presented as part of Investment Board review in order to shape technology development roadmaps.
- Take a leading role in fortnightly Headcount Committee Meetings to provide recommendations to Finance Director FP&A and Group HR Director over the hire of new roles and replacement roles in the context of the budget and latest forecast. Provide reporting following each payroll cycle in order to monitor headcount costs and FTEs.
- Identify resourcing requirements to ensure appropriate service is provided to all stakeholders.
- Proven business facing, senior FP&A leadership experience
- A qualified Accountant, with significant PQE within relevant industry
- The ability to understand and articulate business and strategy, in financial and non-financial terms
- Confidence and ability to interact with Senior Management and experience of presenting at the Board level
- Top class spread sheet modelling skills (advanced Excel) – NetSuite / Workday experience is advantageous
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- You will be strategically managing and developing a talented team of FP&A specialists.
- Self motivated individual who can perform well under pressure.
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Please note this role is London based
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food