Special Projects - U.A.E.
Deliveroo’s mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast. London based, Deliveroo has rapidly emerged as the leading player in this fast growing market and has now raised over $400M in funding from the same top tier investors who invested in Facebook. Deliveroo employs several thousand staff around the world and continue to add to our growing U.A.E. team.
The Special Projects Manager will be responsible for scaling new Deliveroo initiatives. This role is central to Deliveroo's goal to provide a highly differentiated offering to our stakeholders by driving innovation in our core technology and operations. The role is cross-functional, and requires working with product, operations, business development, and customer support teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Scale up and ‘own’ our mobile kitchen initiative
- Strategic business development, including optimization of customer experience and rider supply
- Work with product teams to create technology specific to your initiative
- Recruit top talent – build your team
This position is based in Dubai and will report directly to the Country Manager in the U.A.E. and Head of Strategic Projects in London.
This role demands an aggressive, entrepreneurial individual with a track-record of managing businesses or complex projects. The ideal candidate has a track record of delivering strong results, is customer-obsessed, and has a bias for action working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
- 4+ years operational management or general management experience OR;
- 4+ years of investment banking/ private equity/ consulting experience at a top-tier firm.
- History of launching and managing impactful projects, or impactful product lines
- Strong track-record of hitting targets and exceeding business expectations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a consumer technology or restaurant company is a plus