Senior Accountant, UK, EIRE & USA
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
The primary role of the Senior Accountant, UK, EIRE & USA is to lead in management reporting, statutory reporting, managing tax compliance and monitoring performance against budgets for EIRE and USA, to support the Finance Manager for UK and to oversee 1 Accounts Assistant.
Your role will include:
• Owning the month-end close process for Ireland and USA, driving forward timely reporting to assist country managers to manage their countries
• Assisting and providing support to Finance Manager for UK, Liaising with the operations teams to ensure accurate reporting
• Liaising with auditors and tax advisors regularly
• Performing balance sheet reconciliations at each month end
• Working with external auditors on the preparation of financial statements and facilitation of the annual audits
• Developing and implementing financial controls and monitoring spend against budget
• Supervising and coaching 1 Accounts Assistant on various tasks
• Assisting the Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller with various ad hoc projects
You will have a sound technical understanding from your accountancy training in an environment working with IFRS and UK working practises. You will have some appreciation of good business practices. You will have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn. You’ll be:
- Adaptable, driven, hardworking and proactive individual
- Collaborative and enjoy working in a team
Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
Country specific accounting qualification required
Interest in food, restaurants and tech start-up businesses
Strong organisational skills & excellent attention to detail
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
Experience with NetSuite desirable
Experience working in a start-up environment advantageous
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Please note this role is London based
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food,