Rider Events & Ambassador Manager
Deliveroo’s on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about takeaway.
The company was founded in 2013 because co-founder, Will Shu, was fed up with London’s poor quality and slow food delivery options. Will and his friend Greg Orlowski set to work to build something better.
They brought technology together with the nation’s best-loved restaurants to get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast. In an average of 30 minutes, Deliveroo’s ‘Roos’ - self-employed cyclists and motorcyclists - bring the likes of Busaba Eathai, Carluccio’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and MEATliquor, to customers’ homes and offices.Deliveroo is now in over 100 cities across the world and armed with investment from the likes of Accel and Index Ventures, Deliveroo is growing at phenomenal speed.
As a business we have big ambitions, and we need superstar cyclists and scooter riders who are up for the challenge to achieve them. As a Rider Events & Ambassador Manager you will be part of a team responsible to help make that happen. You will help deliver & implement our plans to further drive our rider brand and proposition, acquisition initiatives and retention strategy to the next level.
As Rider Events & Ambassador Manager you will :
- Be responsible for developing, executing & reporting on our rider events strategy & rider ambassador street recruitment team.
- Develop a tailored strategy to best recruit for our different rider profiles - whether that is a massive student fresher’s fair event, sponsoring a cycling race or presence at a small job fair at a local Job Centre.
- Implement the events strategy - organising all the logistics, securing the best marketing amplification plan & executing brilliantly.
- Have overall responsibility for a team of rider ambassadors (100+) including recruiting, training, scheduling & reporting
- Responsible for setting, delivering & tracking relevant applicant targets & KPIs
- 3+ years marketing or agency experience, preferably with event management experience
- Detail oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- Ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders
Joining Deliveroo has many perks, one of which - you’ve guessed it - is food! There’s a near constant flow of deliciousness throughout the week - and every Friday lunch, we order enough to feed an army. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation in one of the world’s fastest growing startups and a lovely laptop of your choice.
The culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.